An Outreach of Stillwater Monthly Meeting of Ohio Yearly Meeting of Friends
Here is how you can find us
Friends' Meetings for Worship are public events, and you are welcome to join us. The largest congregation of Ohio Yearly Meeting is Stillwater Monthly Meeting, in eastern Ohio, U.S.A. The address of the Stillwater Meeting House is 61830 Sandy Ridge Road, Barnesville, Ohio, 43713. Our Meeting House telephone number is 740-425-9080. For additional directions or information, please call 740-484-9001.
Or contact our clerk: Thomas Rockwell, (609) 610-7759, email@example.com
WORSHIP SCHEDULE OF STILLWATER MONTHLY MEETING:
SUNDAY: Worship 10:30 am through about 11:30 am
First-Day School for adults at 9:30 am in the Meeting House. (Generally Bible reading).
First-Day School for children 9:30 am through about 10:45 in the unmarked red wooden school building about 100 feet west of the Meeting House porch. Children join the adults for waiting worship a few minutes after meeting begins.
WEDNESDAY: Worship at 6:30 pm through about 7:30 pm. We meet either in the main room of the Meeting House (warm weather) or in the unmarked red wooden school building (cool weather)
Meeting House School building
The Stillwater Meeting House is located in Barnesville, Ohio, about 100 miles east of Columbus, and 75 miles west of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Both cities have major airports.
- From I-70, take Exit 202 (Route 800) about six miles south to Barnesville.
- Turn left (east) on Route 147 at the stoplight in the center of town.
- Drive about 1.5 miles to the outskirts of town until you reach Roosevelt Road, where there is a large wooden sign on the right that reads "Stillwater Meeting of Friends, Home of Ohio Yearly Meeting (Cons.)."
- Turn right on Roosevelt Road, and drive up the hill 1/2 mile to the stop sign.
- The Meeting House is the very large brick building on the hilltop across the road directly in front of you. Drive in, park anywhere, and enter from the porch.
In warm weather we meet in the very large main Meeting Room that you can see through the porch windows.
In cold weather we meet inside in a smaller room. To find us then, enter the main room through the porch door to right of the brass historical plaque. Step into the kitchen through the unmarked gray door on your right, and enter the Meeting Room through the unmarked gray door on the other side of the kitchen.
Your children are especially welcome at our meetings, and infants are not expected to be quiet. There are craft activities at the children's First Day School, and children's books and magazines at the rear of the Meeting Rooms.
Please see the other pages on this site for locations of other meetings of Ohio Yearly Meeting, contact information, and website links.
Other Meetings of Ohio Yearly Meeting
- Chattahoochee Friends Worship Group (Norcross, Georgia, near Atlanta, USA). Sundays 10:30 AM. Anna Creighton. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chesterfield Monthly Meeting (Chesterhill, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30 AM. Jim Creighton. (740) 554-7011
- Chestnut Ridge Monthly Meeting (Barnesville, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30 AM. Burton Doudna. (740) 679-2245.
- Crossroads Friends Monthly Meeting (Flint, MI, USA). Meeting for worship Sundays 11:00 AM. Phil Helms, (248) 360-2074. email@example.com -- and-- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keystone Fellowship Friends Meeting (Lancaster County, PA, USA). Mike Kinch. 717-282-4999 mailto:michaelkinch@yahoo.%20com
Links checked 21 August 2012-- let us know about broken links, please.
- Middleton Monthly Meeting (Columbiana, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30 AM, Wednesdays 7:30 PM. Lois Edgerton. (330) 482-2939. email@example.com
- Rockingham Monthly Meeting (Harrisonburg, VA, USA). Sundays at 10:30 AM. Susan Smith. (540) 867-5788. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salem Upper Springfield Monthly Meeting (Salem, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30 AM. Carey Newlin. (330) 332-0565. email@example.com
- Seeker’s Haven (Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA). Conrad Lindes, (440) 884-0338. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short Creek Monthly Meeting (Harrisville, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30. Elvina Krekler. (740) 546-3814. email@example.com
- Stillwater Monthly Meeting (Barnesville, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30. Thomas Rockwell. (609) 610-7759. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winona Monthly Meeting (Winona, Ohio, USA). Sundays at 10:30. (330) 222-1060, email@example.com
Links checked 21 August 2012-- please let us know about broken links.
- Caprock Friends Christian Fellowship (Lubbock, TX, USA). Saturdays at 6:00 PM, but first contact Michael Hatfield. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Denver Conservative Friends Worship Group Monthly, Fourth Wednesdays. (Denver, CO, USA). Isabel Penraeth. email@example.com (303) 200-0626.
- Friends in Christ (Harrisville, MI, USA). First and third Sundays at 10:00 AM. Kimberly Ann Makela. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goshen Meeting (Scone, Scotland, U.K.) First and third Sundays. Paul Thompson, UK 44-01738 620 688. Bookseeker@blueyonder.co.uk
- Greenwich Friends (London, UK). Sundays. Simon Watson. email@example.com
- Ripley Christian Quakers (Ripley, Derbyshire, U.K.) Sundays at 10:30 AM. Mike Wakefield. UK 01773-541-424. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salisbury (Salisbury, MD, USA). Sundays at 11:00 AM. Kye Parsons. (410) 749-8221 email@example.com
- No Name. (Little Falls, NY, USA). Monthly, 3rd Thursday. Geoff Gilmore. firstname.lastname@example.org (315) 823-0616.